The Ukrainian president has been promoting his formula for peace with US President Biden and other leaders.
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy has been actively promoting his 10-point peace plan, discussing it with US President Joe Biden among others
Zelenskyy first announced his peace formula at a November summit of the Group of 20 (G20) key economies.
– Radiation and nuclear safety, focusing on restoring security around Europe’s largest nuclear power plant, Zaporizhzhia in Ukraine, which is now Russian-occupied.
– Food security, including protecting and ensuring Ukraine’s grain exports to the world’s poorest nations.
– Energy security, with a focus on price restrictions on Russian energy resources, as well as aiding Ukraine with restoring its power infrastructure, half of which has been damaged by Russian attacks.
– Release of all prisoners and deportees, including war prisoners and children deported to Russia...
– Restoring Ukraine’s territorial integrity and Russia reaffirming it according to the UN Charter, which Zelenskyy said is “not up to negotiations”.
– Withdrawal of Russian troops and the cessation of hostilities, the restoration of Ukraine’s state borders with Russia.
– Justice, including the establishment of a special tribunal to prosecute Russian war crimes. – Confirmation of the war’s end, including a document signed by the involved parties.
– The prevention of ecocide, and the protection of the environment, with a focus on demining and restoring water treatment facilities.
– Prevention of an escalation of conflict and building security architecture in the Euro-Atlantic space, including guarantees for Ukraine.